PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT REGULATIONS CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME! FOR IMMEDIATE UPDATES, GO TO www.ice.gov.
1. Your passport must be valid at all times. Your passport is issued by your government and can be renewed in the United States at your embassy or consulate. See the administration for assistance.
2. You may only attend the school that your I-20 has authorized you to attend. If you entered the United States on a Central Pacific College I-20, you must attend Central Pacific College.
3. Your I-20 must remain current at all times. If your I-20 is near expiration, consult the administration to apply for an extension.
4. You must be registered as a full-time student (20 hours of class per week).
5. Working without employment authorization is illegal. Doing so can cause extreme difficulties and financial expense for legal fees.
6. Make photocopies of your I-20 and sections of your passport: e.g. pages with passport number, issue date, expiration date, picture, visa stamp page, and the I-94. Keep these pages in a safe place.
7. U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (USICE) requires students to notify them of a change in address within 10 days. Should you decide to move, pick up a change of address form at the reception desk, or you can download the form at: www.uscis.gov/ar-11.
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Study in the US: http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/